Q – In a nutshell, what are you trying to effect?
Freelancelift Pro exists to effect a positive change in the momentum at which your freelance business improves. If you really thought about it, I’d bet you could point to 4 or 5 best next steps. Steps that’d help you earn more, find better clients or have a business you enjoy more. The difference is that Freelancelift Pro will help you achieve that unique goal, more quickly and with the guidance from a mentor and your peers.
Q – I’ve tried lots, why is this any different?
If you know anything about me and my work you’ll know a few things:
- I only talk about the stuff that really matters to your business – I’ve gone on record to say that most advice for freelancers is well-meaning but ultimately doesn’t hit the mark. I’ve poured over a year of my life into trying to redress that balance with the book, videos and everything on Freelancelift
- My ‘job’ isn’t to sell you stuff – I’ll hazard that if you’ve bought things from ‘gurus’ in the past they will be highly priced for a reason, because their job day-to-day is to sell you information rather than services to clients. I’m still in the field, my focus isn’t making stacks of cash selling you stuff you already know.
- I am always available – As the 300+ people who have emailed me over the past few months can vouch, I will always respond to email. It is not in my interest therefore to have anything other than happy people making a real difference with their freelance businesses.
I tell you this just to give you some comfort that everything I do is to provide you with momentum I genuinely believe doesn’t exist elsewhere. This is different as we’re a smaller group working towards common goals and making a difference for the ’you of 6 months from now’
Q – So what is it?
Freelancelift Pro can be best described as ’guided evolution’ which builds momentum by knocking down goals, regularly and making real difference in your business.
The key points are that you have accountability, direction and the tunnel vision required to ensure that the items on your to do list (the ones which you know will improve your business long term) are not still on your to do list 3 months from now.
Specifically this includes (you’ll get this lot every month, each month with a new theme for achievement):
- 1 x Short book to give you the motivation – Like this
- 5-10 x Video lessons to give you direction and which you can manage in your own time – Like this course (except this amount every month)
- 4 hour live workshop which helps provide tunnel vision and speed of execution – we’re all doing the same things, live. Like this which was $89 a ticket and you’re getting one of these every month.
- Chat sessions and a separated community area for sharing your progress – to provide the accountability and feedback which is sometimes missing in one-person businesses.
The option to work with me directly for the additional, personal mentoring and direction you might need.
So this isn’t a pre-packaged bundle of stuff, it is direction and focus in a guided, collaborative and interactive format. Put simply, it makes it easy to put in the work that’ll make you feel an enormous sense of pride in your business.
Q – Can you help do the work for me?
This is something I want you to have personal control over. This is something you’re able to make happen with your own efforts and I encourage that, what you get from Freelancelift Pro is experience, tools, insights, resources, social support, cheerleading and new ways of thinking that’ll give you everything you need to be in control of your business momentum.
Q – Why do we have to pay?
My mission is to build Freelancelift into something truly remarkable and something that doesn’t exist elsewhere. This means that ultimately there will be a cost to bear. For my time, for hardware, for other guests I want to bring in to help, for my team who I will be drafting from my agency to support some of the more technical aspects.
Q – Aren’t the short books free already?
They have been up to now, but these will be made exclusively available to Freelancelift Pro members so it won’t be possible to access them in any other way. Whilst within Freelancelift Pro these books are free for you to take away and store, forever. Even if it doesn’t end up being a good fit.
Q – Could you explain the ‘monthly group hangout’ workshop?
In a previous post I underlined the key factors that needed to be in place to create a scenario where ‘shit got done’.
Tough love and a sounding board from a mentor or peers.
Support and guidance from someone who has been there.
Guided periods of focus to get it done.
The live workshops cover all of these three areas, in particular if you can add an out-of-office to your email for just 4 hours per month and use this time to focus on only making improvements in your business then this is invaluable. So you should see these live events as your opportunity to zone out and focus on the most important client you’ll ever work for… yourself.
This will cover practical exercises, background presentation, some action points to carry out while in attendance, tools and other resources you can take away to ensure that you don’t fail achieving the goals you’re looking for.
Q – I’m short of time already, won’t this take lots of it?
Everything I do is always focusing on the 20% of work that’ll give you 80% of the results. You are already spending time picking up notes, ideas and insights from all angles and you’re just not implementing them, this is a waste of resource.
At Freelancelift Pro the video lessons, books and live workshops focus on making the biggest wins in the most efficient way. In real terms this is about 2-4 hours per week of your time that I’d recommend you invest in this.
If you can’t isolate this amount of time every week to work on your ‘Me Project’ this probably isn’t for you, but consider this: it is quite conceivable to double or triple what you can justifiably bill to clients, isn’t this worth a few hours a week? Especially when this can replace the time you’re otherwise spending absorbing information you’ll never implement?
Q – How quickly might I see tangible improvements?
There are lots of factors at play here but let’s work with this scenario:
You work through the videos, books and group coaching exercises and make a breakthrough with the way you piece together your proposal. It’ll have taken you a month to get to this point. With the encouragement of your peers and an onlooking mentor (yup, me) you take the plunge and add 30% to the price you would have been happy with.
In this instance there really is no delay in the speed at which you can execute on, and benefit from the new way you’re running your business. Furthermore, the confidence you’ll have when it comes to negotiations (since you can call upon the community) will ensure you get the best possible result, and quickly.
Of course, nothing is for certain and you do get out of this what you put in but I am confident enough that you can leave FL Pro at any time with a refund if you feel it hasn’t made an impact on your business in the time that you’ve been a member.